Membership – Corporate Membership
WLASA is proud to offer Corporate Membership to all South Australian law firms and organisations who employ lawyers. If you have any questions about becoming a Corporate Member please contact our Corporate Member Liaison Officer, Adeline Lim, (T) 8127 1644 (E) firstname.lastname@example.org.
To view a list of our current Corporate Members click here.
Corporate Membership of the Association is open to partnerships, firms, incorporated entities or similar bodies who employ persons who hold a law degree, are studying law or who are otherwise eligible to practice law in South Australia.
Benefits of Membership
As a Corporate Member your legal staff (including principals, employees, law clerks and law students) both male and female, will enjoy the following benefits:
- Attendance at WLASA events at member discounted rates
- Invitations to attend free-for-members WLASA hosted CPD sessions each year
- Optional inclusion for legal staff in the Find a Female Lawyer Directory
- Access to a support network of women lawyers extending beyond the workplace including informal mentoring, career advice and friendship
- Provision of regular newsletters from our national body, Australian Women Lawyers
- Regular communication via email and the WLASA Facebook, LinkedIn and Twitter pages
- Discounts and promotions for services from other like-minded organisations, we will advise you of such promotions by email
In addition, your organisation will enjoy the following benefits:
- Provision of copies of policies, law reform papers and other publications relevant to the promotion and support of women practising law in South Australia
- Listing on the ‘Corporate Member’ page of the WLASA website together with a link to your website
- Use of the WLASA “Corporate Member” logo in your marketing materials, website, email signature etc at your election
- Opportunities to be the exclusive sponsor of certain WLASA events
- Entitlement to one vote at each year’s WLASA Annual General Meeting and other meetings of Members, to be exercised by a nominated delegate
Most importantly, as a Corporate Member your firm will be seen to be endorsing and supportive of WLASA’s goals and ambitions. Your contribution will help us to improve our services and support for South Australian women in the law.
Joining and Renewing
Corporate Membership is renewable each financial year and is charged according to the number of eligible legal personnel engaged by the organisation as follows:
- $150.00 1 – 5 lawyers and community legal centres:
- $350.00 6 – 15 lawyers:
- $800.00 16 – 30 lawyers:
- $1,200.00 31 or more lawyers:
Membership fees can be paid by EFT.
Both new and existing members must complete a Corporate Membership Form when they join or renew in addition to paying their membership fees. A Corporate Membership Form can be downloaded here: WLASA_2017-18_Corporate Membership Form
Find a Female Lawyer Directory
The Find a Female Lawyer Directory is a searchable database for female solicitors practising in South Australia.
If you would like some or all of your staff to appear in the Directory an additional fee of $30.00 per person applies. Please also return with your Membership Form a completed Areas of Practice Form for each participating staff member which can be downloaded here: WLASA_2017-18_Areas of Practice
Follow this link to download an information flyer: WLASA_2017-18_Corporate Flyer.
Please note all communication with our members is via e-mail. Please contact our Corporate Member Liaison Officer, Adeline Lim, if your contact details change at any time or you have any questions regarding joining or renewing your membership: (T) 8127 1644 (E) email@example.com