About – Our Annual General Meeting
In accordance with its Constitution WLASA is required to host an Annual General Meeting (AGM) each 12 months held within the first 3 months of each new financial year. Visit our Annual General Meeting Events page for details of our upcoming and past meetings.
Between 7 and 28 days prior to each AGM, the Secretary distributes to all members:
- Notice of the date, time and location of the AGM
- Invitation for Individual (Ordinary) Members to nominate for office bearer or committee member positions
- Membership renewal forms
- Information about the key note speaker
Key Note Speakers
In some years WLASA hosts a key note speaker as part of the AGM to address current topics and issues of interest to our membership. Key note speakers in the past have included:
- The Honourable Isobel Redmond MP – former leader in opposition of the South Australian Liberal Party; member for Heysen
- The Honourable Robyn Layton – former South Australian Supreme Court Justice
- Her Honour Senior Judge Susanne Cole – District Court Judge (Senior Judge ERD Court)
- The Honourable Margaret Nyland – former South Australian Supreme Court Justice
- Ms Sandra Dann – Director of the Working Women Centre of South Australia
The AGM provides an opportunity for our members to come together and review the achievements of WLASA over the previous 12 months. Each year the Committee also prepares an Annual Report, copies of which are distributed to those who attend the meeting.